Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tasty Thursday - Sweet & Spicy Taco Salad

The other day I asked R what he wanted for dinner.  His response, "That taco salad we always have at family parties".  I've never made the taco salad for any other reason except for a party so it was a nice change to our usual pasta, taco, chicken rotation we typically have.

I love taco salads.  Any way you make one I'm sure to love it so I was excited for the change.  This isn't your typical taco salad though.  It's a got a little kick for the spicy side and a little sweetness to smooth it down.

Here's the breakdown:

1 pound ground turkey, chicken or beef (we use turkey in our house)
2 heads of iceberg lettuce - diced
1 bag Mexican cheese
2 tomatoes - diced
Doritos - we substituted this out for Habanero tortillas - crumbled
1 bottle of Catalina French dressing

You could also add in black olives and/or serve with sour cream.  We keep ours pretty simple with the above ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. I make my taco salad with doritos too! I think it's much tastier that way. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...