Thursday, February 7, 2013

Baby Shower: Children's Book Theme

I've mentioned a time or two that my friend Mary is pregnant with her first child so I got to participate in her baby shower planning.  Her mother, aunt, sister and I got together to plan out what we wanted to do.  Since Mary is having a boy we wanted to make sure the theme wasn't girly but still wanted something cute and fun.  We decided on the children's book theme.


The Rainbow Fish and our food was non other than rainbow fish!


Mr. Potato Head was hanging around the potato chips.


Cookies for the attendees with the book, If you Give a Mouse a Cookie.


Our drink station, wine, water, and some fun blue pop.  You can't see it but there's a book on the window sill called, Mommy's Favorite Juice.  :)


Cheese & Fruit platter with the book, The Stinky Cheeseman.  

Somehow I missed the other portions of our food options.  Mac & Cheese which went along with The Stinky Cheeseman.  We also did the book, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and accompanied that with Buffalo Meatballs.  As well as pulled pork & pulled chicken with The Three Little Pigs.


Probably my favorite station was the rootbeer float station.  We paired this one with What Little Boys are Made Of.


They were perfect!


We had The Very Hungry Caterpillar along with some cute bite sized cupcakes.


Goodnight Moon was our goodbye and thanks for coming!  Who doesn't love a Moon Pie?


I made the diaper cake.  My first ever but I think it turned out well for my first.

Mary received a lot of great gifts from family and friends.



And for fun, we played one game.  The poopy diaper game.  This is the best.  You take 4 diapers and 4 candy bars.  Melt down the candy bars and spread each one into the diaper.  Your guests have to inspect, smell, etc until they can figure out which candy bar is in each diaper.  I love this picture!


We had such a good time.  Great food, drinks and fun and we set Mary up nicely for little Liam's arrival!

-stephanie


4 comments:

  1. I think this is such a creative and fun idea. You can never go wrongs with childrens books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “So I’m someone’s mom!” Welcoming our first child, Cecily , at 12:24 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14. We are absolutely head over heels in love with Cecily, and parenthood is already the most insane and beautiful thing in existence, It's made me excited to have a little spitfire of a daughter of my own. I remembered when i found out i was pregnant 3years ago and was about to walk away from the musical. But at eight weeks, i had a miscarriage. i was so unhappy, until i seek help spiritually from Priest Babaka the herbal practitioner, who helps and guide me to get pregnant again, even at the trying times few weeks in April when i battled symptoms of the coronavirus including "a cough that makes it feel like my head is splitting open from the inside out, but luckily, the baby was okay with the Priest help. i am happy to finally be a mother, couples out there that needs help, trying to conceive a baby, contact Priest Babaka on babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka , you will definitely have a baby to make you a parent. He handle Pregnancy related cases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Priest Babaka has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Priest Babaka, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Priest Babaka for your own testimony via Email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com Or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...