Friday, February 10, 2012

25 Rules For Mothers of Daughters

Several months ago I posted an article I found regarding 50 Rules for Dads of Daughters and loved it so much. Just yesterday I ran across a similar blog post titled 25 Rules for Mothers of Daughters on Diapers & Daisies.  Obviously, this one struck me being as I have a beautiful daughter.




1.  Paint her nails.  Then let her scratch it off and dirty them up.  Teach her to care for her appearance, and then quickly remind her that living and having fun is most important.


2.  Let her put on your makeup, even if it means bright-red-smudged lips and streaked-blue eyes.  Let her experiment in her attempts to be like you...then let her be herself.

3. Let her be wild. She may want to stay home and read books on the couch, or she may want to hop on the back of a motorcycle-gasp. She may be a homebody or a traveler. She may fall in love with the wrong boy, or meet Mr. Right at age 5. Try to remember that you were her age once. Everyone makes mistakes, let her make her own. 

4. Be present. Be there for her at her Kindergarten performances, her dance recitals, her soccer games…her everyday-little-moments. When she looks through the crowds of people, she will be looking for your smile and pride. Show it to her as often as possible.

5.  Encourage her to try on your shoes and play dress-up.  If she would rather wear her brother's superman cape with high heels, allow it.  If she wants to wear a tutu or dinosaur costume to the grocery store, why stop her?  She needs to decide who she is and be confident in her decision.

To read the remaining 20 rules, check out Diapers & Daisies.

-stephanie

3 comments:

  1. I love this. Especially "read her the words of influential women." My daughter is named for Emily Dickenson, she has always been my favorite poet. And so we read those quick poems out of my lit books from college, with the same zeal as "Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see?" This post, in general brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Priest Babaka has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Priest Babaka, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Priest Babaka for your own testimony via Email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com Or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...