Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake


Looks fabulous right?  It is.  Even people who aren't big fans of pumpkin love this cake because it's such a good balance of cake to pumpkin ratio, then you add a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream and you're solid.  A friend of mine several years ago made this cake for a fall work potluck and I was in heaven.  He's now moved to California and I miss him like mad so every time I make this I think of him.

Ingredients
Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons melted butter

Pumpkin Mix
15 oz can pumpkin
8 tablespoons melted butter
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
16 ounces powdered sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon

Start by mixing the cake ingredients until combined.  Press into a greased 8x12 baking dish.  Next mix the pumpkin & cream cheese until creamy, slowly add melted butter and eggs until combined, then carefully incorporate your powdered sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg.  Beat until creamy & smooth.  Pour on top of cake mix and spread evenly.  Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.  Allow the cake to cool completely then add your topping of choice.  Next time I'm trying a homemade whipped cream with amaretto!

Also, I prefer this cake chilled slightly, the flavor pops a bit more.

Lastly, Top Baby Blogs did a reset on their website and we need your help with votes.  Can you click on the link below and then the cute owl on the left?  You can do this daily and we'd appreciate it!


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

2 comments:

  1. “So I’m someone’s mom!” Welcoming our first child, Cecily , at 12:24 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14. We are absolutely head over heels in love with Cecily, and parenthood is already the most insane and beautiful thing in existence, It's made me excited to have a little spitfire of a daughter of my own. I remembered when i found out i was pregnant 3years ago and was about to walk away from the musical. But at eight weeks, i had a miscarriage. i was so unhappy, until i seek help spiritually from Priest Babaka the herbal practitioner, who helps and guide me to get pregnant again, even at the trying times few weeks in April when i battled symptoms of the coronavirus including "a cough that makes it feel like my head is splitting open from the inside out, but luckily, the baby was okay with the Priest help. i am happy to finally be a mother, couples out there that needs help, trying to conceive a baby, contact Priest Babaka on babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka , you will definitely have a baby to make you a parent. He handle Pregnancy related cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Priest Babaka has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Priest Babaka, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Priest Babaka for your own testimony via Email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com Or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...