Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Q&A

In honor of Valentine's day, here are a few questions about our relationship.


1. How long have you and your significant other been together? We’ve been together since March 2000 so nearly 12 years

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} Do you remember AOL Instant Messenger?  He IM’d me and we talked for a while.  We eventually ended up meeting and went bowling. I took 2 of my friends with me because, hello, he could have been a creeper!

3. How long have you been married?  We were married August 5, 2006 so this August will be 6 years.

4. Tell me about your wedding.  Where were you married?  What was the size of your wedding?  We were married in the church my husband grew up attending.  The wedding was a larger wedding at about 150 guests.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Well, his name is Richard but he goes by Rick & Ricky.  Only close friends and family call him Ricky.  I think Ricky is a bit childish so you’ll hardly hear me call him that.  If I’m mad at him I’ll call him Dick or Rich to really make him mad.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. He’s dependable, trustworthy, and intelligent.

7. Tell us how he proposed? We rented out a cabin in the woods for our 5 year anniversary. I was sitting in the living room flipping through a magazine and he was walking around the cabin video taping on his phone.  He walked in and made me watch the video, which was incredibly boring, until he walked into the bedroom and zoomed in on the bed where there was a box waiting to be opened.  I thought it was another necklace so I wasn’t too excited about it.  When I walked in and opened it, I looked at him and said, “you have to get down on one knee and ask me”.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? Typically flowers or a necklace.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? If we’re anywhere close to the beach you can bet I’m on it, otherwise we’re usually on the couch.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Lots of traveling.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. Staying in.  We really don’t make a big deal of the day but I came into work this morning with a Victoria’s Secret gift card in my email.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? No, I don’t ask.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Communicate.  Be understanding.  Be respectful.  Clean up after yourself!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Because Addie deserves some love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...