Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tasty Thursday - Penne Pasta w/ Goat Cheese

The other day I was at my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's and I was perusing the cheese section.  We love cheese in this household so I wanted to buy some cheese we could all enjoy.  I grabbed a three pack of what I thought was mozzarella thinking I could make some bruschetta.  When I got home I realized I bought a three pack of goat cheese.  Eeek!  I've had goat cheese out at restaurants but I've never cooked with it at home so I was trying to find out what to use it on.


One of Addie's favorite things to eat is pasta so I had a light bulb moment.  Add some goat cheese to the sauce to make a creamy pasta sauce!  I used penne pasta cooked to your desired texture.  Heat your favorite pasta sauce over medium low heat and add in about 1/4 cup of  goat cheese.  Continue to heat until cheese has melted down.

I also sliced up the french bread I had on hand to make the bruschetta and added some EVOO and a bit of goat cheese.  Popped it in the oven for 5-7 minutes for some cheese bread goodness!

This whole meal took approximately 15 minutes to make so if you're looking to save time while cooking or are in a hurry to feed the family, this is the recipe you'll want to use!  Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh yummy! I made something similar like this last night but I used Parmesan cheese and fettuccine noodles.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...