Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Buffalo Meatball Grilled Cheese

I made Buffalo Meatballs for Mary's first shower about a week ago.  I love meatballs but we wanted to do something a bit different since we were also having barbeque pulled pork.  A previous coworker of mine used to make these at our work potlucks and they were awesome so I contacted her to get her recipe.  I love how easy this recipe is.  Just throw it in the crockpot and walk away.  When you make meatballs, you usually have a few leftover and I didn't know what to do with them other than just eating straight meatballs every day.  So I thought, hmm what about grilled cheese.

 photo fdc0c5e4-fce7-43bc-8c4b-2810594834e7_zps7fc33a45.jpg

So here is how you make it all.  You'll need to start out with your buffalo meatballs, make this for a party and save the leftovers for your grilled cheese sandwiches!

Buffalo Meatballs
64oz bag frozen meatballs
2 packets dry ranch dressing
Frank's Redhot - I used about 1/4 to 1/2 cup (start with 1/4 and add as you like more)

Toss it all in a crockpot and cook until warm.

Grilled Cheese Buffalo Meatball Sandwich
6-8 meatballs, warm and cut in half
American cheese (1-2 slices)
Bread - whatever you prefer

Butter your bread, lay down your sliced cheese and load up with your sliced meatballs.  Top with piece of buttered bread and toast to your likeness.

It's a great alternative to the typical grilled cheese sandwich.

-stephanie

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!!! I will definitely try that next time I'm looking for an easy dinner. I actually did the same thing with leftover pulled bbq chicken last night for dinner. Any type of grilled cheese is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never considered putting meatballs in a grilled cheese sandwich! I bet my husband would love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...