Friday, February 1, 2013

Skinny Taste Pasta with Bolognese Sauce

One of my resolutions was to be more healthy, in fitness and in what I eat.  So I've been pinning lots of skinny food and tried out a recipe for Skinny Taste Pasta with Bolognese Sauce that you can find here.  It seemed rather simple so I went ahead and whipped it up one evening after work.

 photo 3207312c-bfe3-4242-9e9b-cabd6dcc078f_zpsebf2a257.jpg

Ingredients:
4 oz pancetta or center cut bacon, chopped (I didn't have either of these so I used regular bacon)
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, minced
1/2 cup carrots, minced
1 lb ground lean meat (I used ground turkey)
1/4 cup white wine
2 - 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1 bay leaf (I omitted because I didn't have this)
salt & pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup half & half (I used whole milk)

Directions
In a deep saute pan, saute chopped pancetta/bacon until fat melts.  Add butter, onions, celery and carrots and cook on medium-low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.

Increase heat to medium-high, add meat, season with salt & pepper and saute until browned.  Add wine and cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.  This is when the kitchen starts smelling like a winery!

Add tomatoes (and bay leaf if you'd like).  Simmer covered on low at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.  Add milk & parsley, cook 2 minutes more.

Serve over your favorite pasta.  We used penne.

This made enough for us to eat twice over so I froze half of the sauce for another night.  So tasty, filling and easy on the hips!

-stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...