Sunday, July 10, 2011

Addie Eats Carrots

I was at it again.  Between flower shopping and landscaping the front flower beds yesterday, I made Addie carrots.  Honestly, I thought it was going to go over poorly due to the fact that they stunk. Bad!  I hate cooked carrots and, well, Addie is my daughter so I thought she would despise them.  She shocked me though as she loved them.  So this week Addie will be eating carrots.  Research suggests introducing one food at a time until you're certain there's no allergic reaction to that food so we'll give it at least 3 days before any new food is introduce.  Next will either be squash or peas so look forward to that post.  In the meantime, I've provided some steps as well as a picture of Addie's love of carrots!

1 - I bought a bag of frozen baby carrots (how appropriate I know).

2 - Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the carrots.  I was following the directions on the package, however they suggested cooking until soft but not soft enough to puree so I'd boil those babies for at least 10-15 min.  Check periodically with a fork.

3 - Once carrots are soft, DRAIN WATER!  It's very important to note that carrots are one of the foods that contain nitrates when boiling so you don't want to use this water to thin your puree.

4 - Let carrots cool completely then dump into your food processor or blender.  I did the blender again and next time I'd do the food processor.

5 - Add your desired liquid to thin if necessary.

6 - Pour into your ice trays and freeze.

Without further adieu, Addie and her carrots...

Note:  After I had already dumped the carrots into the boiling water I realized I could have roasted these.  Next time I'll roast them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...