As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, you can read here, we did a lot of cleaning up the front flower beds. Here’s the thing, I actually enjoy working in the yard and it’s not as bad as some people think it is. The problem is when you combine it with 95 degree full sun working conditions = no fun. I suppose we slacked on keeping up with the weeds because we’d both rather be spending time with Addie. When Addie’s awake, one of us has to keep her occupied and that leaves the other person to do the work and neither one of us really wants to be the one out there working by ourselves. So we realized we had to do something when it got to this point.
- Remove all weeds and plants that have gotten out of control
- Remove any plants that we now hate. (Example, we have yarrow which is actually pretty with the red color, however, it attracts flies for some reason)
- Purchase flowers at local nursery
- Arrange plants in bed, step back and make changes as necessary
- Plant in placed spots within flower bed
- Water, water, water
Without further adieu, here is the before and after side shot