Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Party Planning - Menu

We're 10 days out from Adalyn's 1st birthday party!  Ahh, panic is setting in right now.  Especially since I haven't decided what the menu will be.  I've been pining for a while and I keep getting drawn back to some type of food bar.  It just seems so simple and fun.  So here are some of the options I'm thinking of.

The Chili Bar - here's the deal; we live in Ohio and it's January so it's bound to be cold.  What do most people enjoy eating when it's that cold out?  Yes, chili!  So I think, I can make a traditional red chili as well as a white chicken chili and provide a variety of fun toppings to eat the chili your way.  Toppings would include:  jalapeno, sour cream, cheese, fritos, cilantro, avacado, crackers, etc.  We would also have cornbread because what is chili without cornbread.

Pinned Image
Via
The Baked Potato Bar - this would combo with the above chili bar because what wouldn't go better with a chili bar than a baked potato bar.  Some of the toppings would be similar but here are the toppings I'm thinking of:  cheese, sour cream, bacon, broccoli, scallions, and there would be chili too!

Pinned Image
Via
The Hot Dog Bar - This would be great for a summer party, but I luuurve me a hot dog!  Toppings to include:    ketchup, mustard, onions, jalapeno, sauerkraut, chili, cheese.

Pinned Image
Via
The Hamburger Bar - uh, yummy!  This option would be loads of fun, however I would probably end up hand pattying these mini burgers which would be incredibly time consuming.  Toppings to include:  cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions, chili, ketchup, mustard, mayo.

Pinned Image
Via
I really want to do one of these bars, or another if I can find something else as fantastically fun as these.  Stay tuned to see what I choose.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great ideas. Does your party have a theme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia! The party doesn't have a theme, just a color scheme but I'm leaning towards hearty since it's cold and wet here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas! :] Now I want to have a party so I can have a "bar"! I would love a mini taco bar.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...