Thursday, January 24, 2013

Addie's Birthday Desserts - Year 2

The best part of any party is the dessert.  Am I right or am I right?  Last year I went all out with a dessert table and though I'd love to do this again, we're trying to keep it small and simple.  So this year, I'm only doing a cake, cupcakes and some cookies.  Last year I made a single 6" cake for Addie's smash cake and this year I'm making a 6" cake but three tiers and a surprise in side.  Check it out.



The last is iced sugar cookies.  I can't share the link because it's a family recipe and my mom would kill me if I did share.  I'll be cutting out the cookies in the shape of the number 2.  Last year I made rice krispie treats in the shape of a number one so the numbered food/dessert will become a theme in our house.

Sounds awesome right?  I cannot wait to see how the cake turns out and to eat those cupcakes!

Tomorrow is all about decorations.  You can read about the invitations here and party food here.

-stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...