Tuesday, August 6, 2013

To Double or Not to Double...

That is the question.  Addie will be nearly 3 when this little guy is born so I'm having this internal debate.  Do we buy the double stroller or pass on the double?  I go back and forth because a) this guy will be itty bitty for a little while and I'll likely be wearing him anywhere we go for the first few months and b) by the time he's big enough that I'd put him in a stroller it will probably be the dead of winter.  So will I actually need a double at that point?  Eh, probably not.  So at this point my thought is that if we do go double stroller, it has to be a cheap purchase.  Right now I have my eye on this one.


The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller.  I think what I like about this is that both kids can sit down and see out while we're trucking around.  The second tier is slightly elevated so they can also see out a bit more than if they were level.


You also have the option to do an infant carrier and the regular seat.  The infant carrier can be on the front or the back.  I'd put them on the back so Addie could sit on the front and could see out easier.


This is how the stroller typically looks, which is actually the only option I thought the Sit N Stand came in.  I kept thinking, why would anyone want the older child to be free to jump on and off as they please.  And what happens when you're using this stroller at the zoo or on a long day and the older child gets tired?  So I love that this stroller has so many options.  

At a price point under $140 it's super affordable.  You would have to purchase the infant carrier that the stroller accepts which would be an additional cost but it's about the same cost of a travel system with all those additional pieces.  

I'm not sure that we're ready to pull the trigger on the purchase yet, but it's the best option I've found for what we would need.  What are your thoughts?  Do you have a double stroller?  Did you use it often?  I need advice!

-stephanie



8 comments:

  1. Save your money for now. You can always buy it later if you think you still need it! Natalie is two and we haven't had any problems yet. We usually don't go anywhere without each other, so there's always two of us. We just get two carts and put the kids in one and the food/stuff in the other, or we have the baby in the stroller and the other parent either carries Natalie or lets her walk beside us. So far it's working out. And be honest, can you justify 140 dollars for the maybe two or three times you're going to be at the zoo with both kids? We couldn't. And we've been doing great so far!

    Good luck with whatever you choose! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachael - that's exactly what I'm thinking. Just hold for now and if we decide we need one, it's still affordable enough that we can make the purchase later. Thanks for the input!

      Delete
  2. It really depends on your kids and what you do. We thought we wouldn't need one since they are 2 1/2 years apart. My 3 year old seemed to do okay without a stroller. Then we started taking our family walks again. She would start complaining she was tired and we only had a single. So we would wear the baby and let her sit in the stroller. Then the baby hated being worn so we decided to pull the trigger and buy a double. We like to take walks, go to zoos, and theme parks. We decided that even though the 3 year old may not need it all the time, it was nice to have just in case she became tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really the only thing I'm worried about. Those long days but I think we may be able to suck it up for those days when we have them. So we'll hold out for now.

      Delete
  3. My sister had the sit n stand and she hated it! She said it was more of a pain than anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen - did she say why she hated it? I wish I could try these out before I purchase!

      Delete
  4. I had a Sit-N-Stand, and a Graco Duoglider. And I hated both of them.

    I sold and got rid of both of them and got an Instep Double Jogger Stroller.

    Not because I jog, because I don't. But because it is SUPER easy to steer and push.

    I never had to take my stroller to places that were narrow, so I never worried about if it would fit in a doorway or not. It claims it can, but I haven't tried it out.

    Good luck! My kids are also 18 months apart. They are now 3 years old and 20 months old, and they both fit fine in my double jogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those jogger strollers rock! I've always wanted one but i'm not sure I can justify it yet. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...