Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quick & Easy Dinner: Taco Mac

Rick does all the grocery shopping in our house.  So sometimes he shows up with some random buys that I wouldn't typically purchase.  So Sunday he shows up with about 10 boxes of various mac & cheese boxes, including this one by Velveeta with Rotel.
When I saw this I thought, hmmm, this is interesting.  What can I do with this to make it into a good meal.  I happened to have ground turkey in the fridge that needed to be used.  So I thought this could be interesting but it still needs something.  Add some taco seasoning and we have a fun taco cheesy noodle dinner.


Ingredients
1 box Velveeta Shells & Cheese with Rotel
1 pound ground turkey/chicken/beef (we use turkey)
1 package taco seasoning

Make the shells & cheese as instructed on the box.  Prepare the ground turkey with taco seasoning as instructed.  Once shells & cheese are done and ground turkey with taco seasoning is complete, add ground turkey as you prefer.  I only used about half the ground turkey mix to add to the shells & cheese so we had leftovers the next evening for tacos and I've been using a little in my salads each day for lunch.

So tasty, so easy and quick and it's now on rotation in our house.

-stephanie


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...