Friday, August 16, 2013

34 Week Bump Update

Pretty uneventful week so no huge updates.  I did visit the doctor yesterday for a biweekly visit. Everything is sounding good with the baby and progressing well.  Only 5 weeks to go if he doesn't decide to bail out earlier.


Due Date? Scheduled c-section date of September 20th.  5 weeks to go, if not sooner.

How far along? 34 weeks

How big is baby? The baby is the size of a cantaloupe about 17.75" and about 4.75lbs.  *Note:  Based on him measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule, he's probably more like 5.75lbs.

Weight gain? +28

What's going on with baby?  The waxy protective coating, vernix, is becoming much thicker this week as the lanugo continues to shed and may be almost completely gone by now.  Inside baby, the lungs are continuing to mature in preparation for breathing on the outside.

Stretchmarks? I think I have some new ones but it's difficult to tell.

Sleep? I'm sleeping okay when I am sleeping but I wake up once a night to use the bathroom and then I'm having difficulty getting back to sleep for over an hour.

Best moment this week? This one is tricky.  Not much special has happened this week.  I hope one of these upcoming weeks this question will have an answer that says "Rick finally moved his office to the basement and I'm working on the new nursery".

Movement? Same as last week - Still very active.  Feels like he's making some really intense acrobatic flips.

Food cravings? Still that taco salad from last week.

Gender? Boy!

Labor signs? I'm having some cramping so we're keeping an eye on things but so far nothing concerning.

Belly button in or out? Slowly thinning but still in.

What I miss? Weather is turning a little cool earlier than typical and I'm not quite ready for that because that means the end of my leave will be even cooler than I want it to be.  Bring back that heat!

What I am looking forward to? Sunday my two closest friends are throwing me a "sprinkle".  I'm so excited just to get together with friends and relax.  And eat of course.

Milestones? We're starting the weekly countdown.  5 weeks to go.

Next doctor's appointment? August 30th!

-stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...