Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Addie's Favorite Fall Snack

This is a repost of previous post from September of last year, I can't believe we're less than a week away from September again this year.  It's one of my favorite months as it signifies the start of fall for me.  Apple picking, gorgeous weather, Ohio State football, Pumpkin Spiced Latte's from Starbucks, etc.  It's one of the best times of the year hands down for me.  As I mentioned, one of our favorite things to do in September is go apple picking.  You can read about last years posts and another apple recipe I included here (check out her hair!). Today's post is specifically about Addie's favorite fall snack, Applesauce!


Applesauce
4 apples, peeled, cored and diced
Cinnamon to your preference

Toss diced apples into crock-pot.  Add desired cinnamon and cook for 2 hours on high in crock-pot.  Stir periodically.

The recipe is really that easy.  When you purchase an apple with amazing flavor, you don't need to add sugar or any other ingredients because the flavor in the apple stands out by itself.  This is also really great for little ones who are just starting to eat solids!  I packaged some of the apple sauce up last year in old baby food jars we had lying around.

What are some of your little ones favorite recipes?  I'm always looking for a new recipe/food to introduce to Addie.  Come tell us about it at Toddle Alone Tuesday.

-stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE Fall. I made applesauce for the kids last fall, but I need to find a better way of storing it since I froze it and unless you know that you are going to eat it the next day, frozen applesauce is not very convenient. I should look into mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making applesauce for Mackenzie. I've been baking the apples, but this is much easier. I'm going to do this next time. And great idea using the baby food jars! I have a box of jars I've been looking to use.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...