Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm Back

So sorry friends, it's been a very busy and even crazy week for me.  I'm still in the midst of a death in the family but I wanted to give you all something to read while it takes me some time to get back into the swing of things.  Rick has been out of town since Friday afternoon so I stopped by the local Michael's arts & crafts store to pick up some items for my Pinterest projects.  As found on Pinterest through Family Chic blog, I wanted to create a fun summer wreath that would brighten up our front door.  Here's the result of my project:


I have to say I like her wreath much better.  Mine just didn't come together the way I had hoped.  I like that she used different sized umbrellas, it gave the wreath a much more dynamic look to it.  I used about 70 umbrellas that I found at Party City.  They came in a package of 144 for $4.99. The wreath was on sale at Michaels but I cannot remember the price.  Next time I try this I think I'll shop around for various sizes and colors to the umbrellas.  That's all for today but be sure to check back this week for more projects and updates, I promise to stay up to date for you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...