Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Painting Polka Dots

So  I saw this via Kathy Davis' Pinterest pages.  I stumbled upon her in the Everything section of Pinterest and I liked what she was pinning so I followed her.  I found this inspiration photo.



Though it was feeling a little bit blah to me so I knew I needed to add some color.  Being a lover of all things turquoise/teal I shouldn't be surprised I ended up with this.


It was really simple and a cheap project that literally took me 5 minutes to create. So here's what you'll need.


Canvas of your choice size
Pencil with eraser
Acrylic paint

Easy peasy, you find the paint color you like, squeeze some out of the tube and dip your eraser in the paint.  The part that's the most critical is making sure you don't have too much paint on your eraser.  You can always go over a dot again if there's not enough paint.  Make the design as sporadic or calculated as you desire and let dry overnight.  This is going on my wall of photos/art once I get it all planned that.  Stay tuned on a future post regarding that business.

Don't forget to enter our Dermagist Complete Rejuvenation System giveaway.

-stephanie



2 comments:

  1. I'be been drawn to polka dots lately. I saw a thank you card at Target that looked similar to your painting in org and pink and I liked it. The card had a "thank you" in the lower left corner. I can't wait to try this at home, thanks for the inspiration. (linked here from 10june).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! A simple way to bring some color and texture into a room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...