Friday, March 9, 2012

Recipe - Broccoli, Rice & Cheddar Casserole

We're in the midst of Lent so each Friday I'm trying to find something we can all eat that contains no meat.  I had a craving last week for a good rice side to the typical fish sandwich we usually make.  I had fresh broccoli, cheddar cheese, and brown rice so I knew I could find more ingredients to throw together a broccoli, rice & cheddar casserole.  With the ingredients I used, it was actually pretty healthy as well.


Ingredients
4 cups cooked brown rice
1 head/cluster of cooked broccoli (you could use frozen as well)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
1/3 cup milk
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or more to your liking)
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 stick butter (optional - if you want to go healthy, hold off on this or use less)

Cook your brown rice to completely cooked.  Cook broccoli through.  Mix all of the ingredients together and place in 2 quart shallow baking dish.  Place in 350 degree oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...