Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I found this recipe on Pinterest, well sort of.  The picture I pinned looked good and the details were in the description so I pinned it before I actually clicked back to the site.  Of course, once I get there the recipe is for an entirely different cookie that didn't seem easy or contain ingredients I had on hand.  So I decided to take the description from the picture and changed it a little for what I thought might taste good.  After calculating out the calories for the amount of cookies you can make, these are just under 100 calories each!


Ingredients
2 ripe bananas
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup brown sugar

Smash the bananas until they're smooth, add the peanut butter and smooth until creamy.  Add the oats, chocolate chips and brown sugar and mix until fully combined.  Scoop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  

If you're like me, I like my cookies with a sprinkling of salt on the top so I lightly salted mine.  These are best the same day and still warm.  The next day they're good but get a little gooey.

-stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...