Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Review

Welcome back everyone!  It was nice to enjoy a few days off with the family.  Here's how our weekend looked:

Thursday
We drove up to my parents house Thursday morning for Thanksgiving lunch at 1.  My parents had a full spread of food that I didn't hesitate to gorge myself on.  Turkey, ham, stuffing, green bean casserole, cheesy potatoes, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, creamed corn, and pumpkin pie!  The only thing missing was homemade noodles.  This is my favorite part of Thanksgiving so I was thoroughly disappointed this wasn't at the dinner table.  After spending time with my family we drove over to Rick's parents for more food and loads more desserts with his extended family.  This was Addie's first holiday with the large family.  She was little overwhelmed by the hundred or so family members all chatting loudly.  Here a few photos from the day.








Friday
We did some shopping for Christmas gifts though we didn't get up early to find any great deals.  I was able to purchase a couple items though I'm no where near close to done.

Saturday
Watched the Ohio State vs. Michigan rivalry game.  Unfortunately we were not successful and lost, however it was the first lose to them in 8 years.  We have also been through a tough year so Michigan shouldn't expect a repeat performance next year.  Especially with today's announcement of Urban Meyer accepting the head coach position!

Sunday
We put up our Christmas tree and some decorations.  I have still have a few more things to do until it's finished so more to come on those details in the next few days.

How was your Thanksgiving?  Did you gain a lot of weight?  I'm too afraid to approach the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...