Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Toddle Along Tuesday: Thanksgiving Edition

Thursday is a huge day for me.  It's my favorite holiday.  Thanksgiving.  I can't really tell you why either.  It's just got that feeling about it.  I get to see family that I only see on holidays.  I think I love it because it reminds me of a time when I was younger and saw my cousins on a weekly basis and how much I miss seeing them more often.  It reminds me of my grandmother making a full Thanksgiving spread and gorging myself to the point of nausea.  It reminds me of playing football after all the eating until late in the day.  And then, packing up the car to do round two at my great grandmothers house.  

It's about being Thankful. Thankful for all the time I had to spend with my family when I was younger.  Thankful that I still have wonderful memories of my grandparents who have been gone for several years now.  It makes me stop to the think about what I have now, not what I used to have or what I want to have in the future.  But what I have in my life now.  The house that I can't wait to get out of us as soon as possible because I feel the walls are closing in on me, today is quaint.  The husband that oftentimes gets on my nerves, today is the person who will do anything I ask (with little pushing).  The baby girl who still will not sleep a solid 8 hours, is the miracle baby I one time thought I'd never have.  


So today, I'm thankful for everything God has given me.  That's what Thanksgiving is about, being Thankful.  I'll save the wishes for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...