Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasty Thursday: Twice Baked Potato

It's been a while since I did a Tasty Thursday post and after making this earlier in the week I knew I had to share it with you.  I'll be honest, I was thinking "mmm, I could go for a twice baked potato tonight for dinner" so I just threw something together.  Sometimes this works for me, sometimes it doesn't.  This time, I blew it out of the park and I'm keeping this in my back pocket for an easy go to side.

 photo f97acf7f-8e30-424b-b552-e68a2a24d50b_zps3efadd8a.jpg

Ingredients
2 large potatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sour cream
salt & pepper to taste

Bake your potatoes until soft.  Or take the easy route and nuke them in the microwave until a fork easily pokes through.  Cut potatoes in half and scoop out most of the potato goodness into a separate bowl.  Place potato boats onto a cookie sheet to later fill.  Add cheese, crumbled bacon, butter, sour cream, and salt & pepper into bowl with potatoes.  Mix well with fork until potatoes are nearly mashed (a couple lumps are okay).  Divide mix into four equal parts and add to your potato boats.  Bake at 400 for approximately 15-20 minutes and broil on low until potatoes get a little color.

Add a dollop of sour cream, extra bacon (if you really love bacon), and scallions or green onions for extra flavor.  This is reheats really well so leftovers are perfect!  Also, this would be fun to have for a party and would probably freeze well also.

-stephanie

PS.  Don't forget about the Shutterfly giveaway going on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...