Monday, September 17, 2012

The Importance of Family Vacations

How ironic is it that this weeks Toddle Along Tuesday topic is about vacations and we're on one right now?!

Vacations are a big deal in our household.  Being one of 5 boys, Rick didn't vacation often when he was younger but I was lucky enough to have that opportunity all throughout my younger years.  In fact, as far back as I can remember my family has owned a lot in a campground and would spend every weekend during the summer there.  Times have changed and the family isn't up there like we used to be.  I often times miss not going there and hate that Addie will most likely grow up not having the same summer experience I did.


Earlier this year I posted about our first family vacation and how much Addie loved the beach. As you read this we're probably sitting on the beach now soaking up the last bit of summer sun before the season changes.

I know there are people out there who aren't as fortunate to have vacationed outside of the state they live in.  So I make it a priority to enjoy the vacations I do get to have and know it's that much more important to make sure Addie has those same opportunities.

What vacations to you have planned?  What are your most memorable vacations growing up?

-stephanie

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable little cutie! Hope you are enjoying vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I agree! Vacations are very important to spend time with our families. :)

    costa rica surf camp

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...