Monday, September 24, 2012

The Things a Parent Says

You know you go through a phase while pregnant thinking, "I won't be that kind of mom, I won't say/do that, etc."

And then it happens.

You become a mom.

Your entire world changes.

 
A lot of great things happen, but a lot of not so fun things happen.  For example, we've been caught saying any of the following:

"No Addie, don't put Chloe's food in her water bowl".

"Addie, what do you have in your hand?  Is that a rock?  Oh no!  Put that down, that's not a rock" (when she picked up poop from our backyard).

"Get out of the trash"

"Keep your hands out of your diaper"

"Get off the kitchen table"

"Stop gagging yourself"

You can expect to hear any one of those phrases at least once a week. You're constantly chasing them around trying to stay one step ahead but often times you're just a few moments too late.  Though it can oftentimes be frustrating to come into the living room and find that entire bowl of dog food has been soaking in the dogs water bowl just before it was all dumped out, you can't become frustrated.  They're learning, exploring, finding their boundaries.  It's important to develop discipline but also realize it's not the end of the world if they grab a handful of dog poop and try to pass it off to you.  It's just another day in the life of a parent of a toddler.

What have you caught yourself saying and thought, I never thought I'd hear that?

-stephanie

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. Hah! I told my daughter "because I said so" the other day. Terrible, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how all of these posts have some mention of poop in them! Haha, oh the things we say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've totally been there with the 'stop gagging yourself!' thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! And what a beautiful blog you have! I am your newest follower!
    Found you via the blog hop! xx

    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...