Monday, April 16, 2012

Creating Pinwheels

I've been really crafty suddenly and I love it.  I was doing a lot of crafts around the end of the year and then I got into this funk.  So when we started planning my friends bridal shower I knew it was the perfect time to get back into things.  Last week I showed you how to create a wedding wreath and this week I'm showing you another project my friend Katie and I constructed for Mary's shower.

Supplies
Double sided scrapbook paper cut into 6 inch squares (found out Archiver's precut)
Scissors
Dowel Rods
Glue gun


Start by choosing the pieces of paper you want to use.


Cut into each corner of the paper leaving about 1 inch to the center.


Begin by folding over a corner to the center and glue down with glue gun.  You'll want to hold down for approximately 10 seconds.  Repeat on each side.


Here is what you're left with once each side has been glued.


Now run a dab of glue down your dowel rod and place to the back of the pinwheel and hold securely for 10 seconds.


Voila!  Done.  You now have a pretty pinwheel.


What do you think?  It's an easy craft with quite an impact at the shower.  Pictures of said shower to come later this week!

-stephanie

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...