Friday, June 28, 2013

27 Week Bump Update

Hey hey friends!  It's been a crazy workweek so you can tell I've been a bit not connected to the blog.  My backfill at work started Monday and it's been a busy week training.  I also had a big test to take on Wednesday and trying to stay all over my new role at work.  It's busy so let's just get right to it!


Due Date? September 27th is the official date, however we have a scheduled c/s for September 20th.

How far along? 27 weeks

How big is baby? The baby is the size of cauliflower about 14.5" and about 2lbs.

Weight gain? +16

Maternity clothes? Absolutely, all the time.  I'm going to eliminate this question moving forward because this answer is not going to change.  In it's place I'll start talking about what's happening at this point in the pregnancy.

What's going on with baby?  Baby looks like a thinner, redder, more wrinkled version of what he will look like at birth.  Over the next few weeks fat will fill in that thin skinny baby.  baby's immune system is continuing to mature as are the baby's lungs which are still practicing breathing amniotic fluid.

Stretchmarks? Nothing new.

Sleep? Sleep has been pretty deep, I am occasionally waking up and not able to get back to sleep easily.

Best moment this week? Hanging out with Addie all week and enjoying my time with her. We're somewhat potty training so I'm so proud that she's slowly getting it!

Movement? Yes, loads.

Food cravings? Fair food.

Gender? Boy!

Labor signs? none.

Belly button in or out? In though it's getting thinner.  It never popped last time and I'm hoping it doesn't this time.

What I miss? Being able to go hours without having to use the restroom.

What I am looking forward to? The weekend.  Just a few more hours and we'll be there.

Milestones? Viability is 90%.  We're officially in the 3rd trimester today!

Next doctor's appointment? July 5th!

-stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...