Thursday, April 11, 2013

Feel Better Already

It's amazing.  Age two is well known as being the terrible twos.  Let me preface what I'm about to say with, we have those moments.  We have full on meltdowns, a lot of whining, some tattling, thankfully no hitting but we have them.  But this is probably my absolute favorite age. Lots of parents say this every 6 months or so as their child ages but I think this might actually be my favorite.  She's talking, pretty well too.  She says the word "delicious"!  She's really kind and caring and a little sensitive.  She's not shy when interacting with kids but is with adults.  It's moments like the one we experienced yesterday that made my heart smile.


I sat on our deck steps and watched her play in our backyard and then she ran over to me, picked up a tiny stick and started painting my toenails and proceeded to say "feel better already".  I have no idea why she said it or why she thinks by painting my toenails I would feel better.  I wasn't in a bad or sad mood.  I was actually quite happy to be outside with her enjoying our nice weather.  By doing this though, she did make my day that much better.  It was one of the sweetest moments and I just happened to capture it on my camera phone.  I immediately Instagrammed it and it's become one of my favorite pictures of her.  

PS.  Those blue eyes really are that blue!

-stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...