Thursday, May 10, 2012

Recipe: Lasagna

Last night I made lasagna for dinner. I love lasagna!  It's rather easy as well and you can clean up as you're baking the lasagna which is great for my mental health.  I hate cooking in the midst of a mess.  Rick doesn't like ricotta so I guess you could say this is a somewhat healthy version of a hearty dinner.  Don't want to make a large portion?  This is the recipe for you.


Ingredients
1 lb ground turkey
1-26oz jar of pasta sauce (I used Vodka sauce)
Lasagna noodles
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan shake cheese
Seasonings (onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil seasonings for bread)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Begin boiling water in a large pot and add your lasagna noodles when water is ready.  While water is boiling, begin browning your ground turkey and seasonings.  Add pasta sauce and heat through.  Spread a small amount of pasta mix in an 8x8 baking dish.  Next spread a layer of noodles, add cheese on top of layer of pasta.  Continue 2 more layers, after your last layer of pasta place remaining pasta sauce and the final layer of cheese on top.  Bake for approximately 15 minutes until cheese and brown and sauce is bubbling.  This makes about 4 servings.  Enjoy!

-stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I so love lasagna!! This is making me hungry:) I like the fact you used ground turkey. (less guilt for me) Just hopping over from the May Day Blog Hop and am now following you. I would love to invite you to link up any of your posts to my first time ever blog hop:) Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...