With the weather getting warm, we just purchased the Smiletime Toys Sprinkle Mat which she loves. She'll play in that for an hour easily so it was a great purchase. Even if you're looking for some fun activities they don't have to cost much if anything.
Here is my go to list on any given day.
1. Books. I've mentioned a hundred times, the girl loves her books so anytime she has the opportunity to read a book she plops herself down on your lap and will wait for you to read the book over and over and over again.
2. Refrigerator Magnets. A friend of mine made these for me and Addie loves them. They're fabric letters with magnets sewn into them. I can see her in a few years spelling out words with these!
3. Chalk. She hasn't quite figured out the sidewalk chalk but she loves to carry them around and try to draw. This is a super cheap dollar store find.
4. Bubbles. Like the chalk mentioned above, this is another cheap find. The girl loves bubbles. Seriously, can't get enough of them.
5. Playdoh. She still prefers to eat this so she's not quite ready for full on playdoh play but it's a cheap purchase and she does really like to feel it in her hands.
6. Finger painting with yogurt/pudding. We haven't tried this yet, but I know she'll love it. She's a messy eater and anytime she can play with her food she's in.
7. Waterbins. Another fun outside play idea. Take one of your old bins that you store pictures or disks in and empty it. Fill it up with water and grab a few water safe toys. Toss them and let your little one play. Guaranteed fun!
8. Dance Party. Addie likes to dance. I like to dance. Turn on the radio and dance together. You'll get a workout, tire out the toddler, and create a fun memory to carry on as your child grows.
9. Musical instruments. Addie loves loud noises so it's no surprise that when we bought her a music set for Christmas she bangs on her drum and blows her trumpet. If you can't afford the musical instrument set or just don't have one and need entertainment stat, grab a water bottle and fill it half full with dried beans or rice. Secure the cap and let your little one shake it up.
10. Target dollar aisle. I love this aisle for myself, always great finds. I recently found a water bottle with a spray attachment. I keep this in Addie's room so I can have it handy when doing her hair. She loves playing with that water bottle and it was $1. You're bound to find something in those bins that will entertain your little one for some time.
What do you do to entertain your toddler? Any good ideas on the cheap? We'd love to hear about it.