Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Cheer Blog Party - Holiday Vignette

Today's the second round of the fabulous Christmas Cheer link party.  Tuesday's post was a Christmas Craft which you can read about here.  I'm linking up today with Courtney at A Thoughtful Place for Holiday Vignette's.  Please join in the fun!

Holiday

I have to admit, at first I had no idea what a vignette was and dictionary.com wasn't really helpful.  Until I showed a pic to an online friend of mine and she said you have a vignette already.  My response, "it's just a cluster of objects", her, "yup, that's it".  How easy.


My pinspiration was this.  Follow me here.


Pinned Image

After running around in the store and not finding exactly what I wanted.  I started thinking of some alternatives to this.  I had leftover gray yarn from my wreath I made in October so I had to pick up a couple more spools of yarn.  I have a theme running with my Christmas decor that's gray/silver, white, teal, and just this year I added a splash of gold.

It was pretty easy, a lot easier than that wreath.  I just wound the yarn around each 'tree' pretty loosely, it didn't have to be perfect like the wreath.  Then I added some glitter as garland.  Voila!




6 comments:

  1. well what a great cluster of objects you've got there, lol. that cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! The colours you ended up with are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of vignette. So pretty and simple. I LOVE your trees. Super cute printable as well. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love the printable and the colors used. Great use of extra materials! Found your blog through the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. This was one of the most simple craft projects I've done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...