Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Strawberry Picking

A couple weeks ago I saw that a local farm was promoting their u-pick strawberries so I packed everyone into the car at 8am to race over before the fields were picked over.



Addie was in heaven.  Hardly any strawberries she picked made it into the basket.  Most made it to her mouth and that was it.



Strawberry picking is hard work when you're baby wearing so I highly suggest bringing along a friend or a husband to help out.


I also highly suggest wearing closed shoes.  Flip flops + itchy pokey hay = not a happy girl.


Graham did pass out briefly.  The reflection in my sunglasses is so pretty.  Fields of green.


Addie finally filled her basket full of strawberries.


The farm also had fresh made, warm strawberry donuts.  I'm sort of a plain jane girl when it comes to donuts but omg, the strawberry donut was amazing!

Blackberry picking is next on our summer to do list!

-stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Awww what a fun adventure!! I'm definitely sad we missed berry picking this year. Addie looks so cute with all of those berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Addie definitely couldn't keep her hands of those strawberries. Well, I'm not surprised, seeing how tasty and fresh the berries are. I'm sure your family will be back for another go at strawberry picking. After all, the experience is haunting, right? Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Stephanie! All the best! :)

    Faith Thomas @ The Berry Farm

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...