Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pregnancy Update

Each week I give you an update on what's going on for the week with the baby and show you my bump but I haven't give much insight to my pregnancy to this point.  What's crazy is I'm 31 weeks and I haven't yet provided any update on my pregnancy.  That is until today.  So here's a quick rundown.

It took us about 5 months to get pregnant with this little guy. 

We found out we were pregnant on Addie's birthday.

I take a prenatal vitamin, folic acid, iron, and a blood thinner for this pregnancy.  I also take a thyroid pill for my underactive thyroid.

A couple visits ago to my OB I was measuring "larger than normal" so as a precaution, my OB wanted to do another ultrasound to check on the little guy.

This is what we saw on Friday:


A chunky monkey.  

As of Friday, he was approximately 4.25 lbs which is about 2 weeks ahead of scheduled (based on weight).

I'm also measuring larger than I should because I'm sitting in the 95th percentile for water.

This all translates to: the next 8 weeks of this pregnancy I'll continue to get larger and larger and will likely be rather uncomfortable.  Fingers crossed he doesn't flip positions with all that extra water but if he does my doctor will try to manipulate him into position before she cuts into my uterus.

I'm also planning to go even earlier than the scheduled c-section date based on Addie coming early (water broke at 38w4d) and that he is measuring large.  So I'm thinking he'll come between September 13th and September 19th.  If he does not, we'll have the c-section on September 20th.

So that's the plan, and the most recent update.  I'll keep you posted as we approach September!

-stephanie

PS.  Don't forget to enter the Kidz Gear headphones giveaway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...